Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

$100 from Salem Five for direct deposit

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Is this deal hot or cold? (4 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this deal hot or cold?

1. Hot (4 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. Warm (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Cold (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 08:00 PM

LINK

UPDATE
The deal seems to be still vaild but you may need to contact Salem Five customer service to get the current code and make sure that your name is on the list of customers to receive the bonus (Thanks fotomaniak for the info!)

The online application form has an entry for promotional code. It is not clear if the code is necessary to get the bonus or if you can get other bonuses using a promotional code. The bonus terms below do not mention a promotional code requirement.

Terms:
*Annual Percentage Yield (APY) on a Star Checking account is 0.10% APY. Rate is variable and subject to change after the account is opened. If you do not establish direct deposit or maintain the minimum account/combined account balance, monthly fees may reduce earnings. Minimum balance to open a Star Checking account is $100 online or by mail. Direct deposit must be initiated within 30 days of opening a Star Checking account to receive the $100 bonus. The $100 bonus is an interest credit that will be posted to the Star Checking account within 60 days of the initial direct deposit transaction. Bonus offer is subject to change without notice. Personal accounts only. Member FDIC. Member DIF. Offer expires 12/31/04

#2 fotomaniak

fotomaniak

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 07:37 PM

I've called them and asked weather a promo code is required. CSR said it's not requiered, but gave me the code which I used to sign up.

After signing up I've linked Salem account to E-trade checking, E-trade did two small deposits(for verification) and this has triggered the bonus:o)

So I guess they'll treat any ACH as direcd deposit

Nice deal, very little effort for $100.

#3 maharet77

maharet77

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE(fotomaniak @ Jan 10 2005, 03:37 PM)
I've called them and asked weather a promo code is required.  CSR said it's not requiered, but gave me the code which I used to sign up.

After signing up I've linked Salem account to E-trade checking, E-trade did two small deposits(for verification) and this has triggered the bonus:o)

View Post

Seems you did this recently so I guess it has not expired. My question to you is it seems that you need to fund the account by check, do you know if you can do it by ACH?

#4 pariharmanju

pariharmanju

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 08:39 PM

direct deposit means is it monthly pay?? or first 100$ only

QUOTE(markber @ Oct 2 2004, 08:00 PM)
LINK

UPDATE
The deal seems to be still vaild but you may need to contact Salem Five customer service to get the current code and make sure  that your name is on the list of customers to receive the bonus (Thanks fotomaniak for the info!)

The online application form has an entry for promotional code. It is not clear if the code is necessary to get the bonus or if you can get other bonuses using a promotional code. The bonus terms below do not mention a promotional code requirement.

Terms:
*Annual Percentage Yield (APY) on a Star Checking account is 0.10% APY. Rate is variable and subject to change after the account is opened. If you do not establish direct deposit or maintain the minimum account/combined account balance, monthly fees may reduce earnings. Minimum balance to open a Star Checking account is $100 online or by mail. Direct deposit must be initiated within 30 days of opening a Star Checking account to receive the $100 bonus. The $100 bonus is an interest credit that will be posted to the Star Checking account within 60 days of the initial direct deposit transaction. Bonus offer is subject to change without notice. Personal accounts only. Member FDIC. Member DIF. Offer expires 12/31/04
View Post

#5 propcgamer

propcgamer

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE(fotomaniak @ Jan 10 2005, 02:37 PM)
I've called them and asked weather a promo code is required.  CSR said it's not requiered, but gave me the code which I used to sign up.

View Post

hmm, ive done several differnt of the 2 small deposits and mine was not triggered sad.gif
I also did a $20 cashedge transfer and that didnt trigger it:(
im gonna try doing a large (like $200+) paypal transfer and seeing if that triggers it.

How long did it take from those deposits being made in ur account till you got the money?

#6 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 04:45 PM

Minoritydan just reported that the bonus is still valid. Read here

Stats