Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

Top rates of interest checking accounts

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 06:49 AM

1.75 % APY checking account from PCBanker

#2 mnl8844

mnl8844

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 04:51 AM

netbank- no minimums .99% interest.
everbank - tiered with 1.51% minimum interest earned. atm rebates uncluded

#3 adityanm

adityanm

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE(mnl8844 @ Oct 18 2004, 11:51 PM)
netbank- no minimums .99% interest.
everbank - tiered with 1.51% minimum interest earned. atm rebates uncluded
View Post

None of these can beat Presidential with 2.75%, free checks , free bill pay etc, the whole nine yard.

#4 fromashesirise

fromashesirise

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 10:26 PM

I just got this email from American Bank for their e-checking account.

March 4, 2005

Dear Friend:

American Bank’s e-Checking account has gotten even better!

For a limited time, we are offering you a special introductory rate of 3.00% APY1 to be paid on account balances up to $10,000 through July 1, 2005.

PLUS, the e-Checking account now has unlimited check writing so you can also write as many checks as you want AND your first order of 150 checks is FREE! With the e-Checking account, you GET IT ALL!

FREE online account access2
FREE online bill payment
FREE e-Statements
FREE ACH Direct service
ATM rebates3
In addition, we’ve improved our online bill payment by adding and enhancing the features and services within the service, including:
Online receiving and viewing of bills with over 300 billers
Funds deducted from your checking account on the scheduled payment date or when the check clears, depending on the method of payment
Ability to view if your payment was sent electronically or by check
Schedule payments up to one year in advance
Take advantage of this special offer today by either visiting us in person with a copy of this email or open your account using our convenient online application at www.pcbanker.com. Be sure to enter promotional code ECHK0305 into the online application to receive the special offer. So, don’t delay – this offer expires March 31, 2005.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact a member of our Customer Service team. They can be reached toll free at (888) 366-6622 or by e-mail at [email protected].

We appreciate your relationship with us in the past and look forward to working with you in the future!

Sincerely,

American Bank

#5 jensenjp

jensenjp

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 11:25 PM

I hear - EmigrantDirect, savings - (no min. balance, no fees, free interbank transfers) will bump its rate up to 3.25% on monday(via fat wallet forum)
http://www.fatwallet...threadid=420984

#6 pangya88

pangya88

• GoodMembers
  • 126 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 09:58 PM

Hi,

I found 3.00% APY First Horizon checking account on bankrate.com (See this post) I spent 20 minutes on First Horizon Bank website and was surprised that they didn't have a search engine for locations/branches. I still don't know where their branches are.

thanks Panyaster
=====================

First Horizon is an internet extension of First Tennessee Bank. You should be able to open a First Horizon account no matter where you live. If you live in Tennessee, check the website of First Tennessee Bank. if they have branches near you.

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by markber because the message was moved

#7 scottjm

scottjm

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 02:38 PM

Hi, I just found this site and wanted to say hello. I am an interest rate whore constantly searching for the best rates. Have accounts at many of your top listed banks but am always on the look out for good deals. When it come to looking for best interest checking account I find it best to just link your checking account to a good paying Money Money market and just transfer in what I need for bills that week. Hope the Fed keeps it up as I miss those 6% MM's we were getting a few years ago

#8 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 08:23 AM

QUOTE(scottjm @ Mar 23 2005, 07:38 AM)
Hi, I just found this site and wanted to say hello. I am an interest rate whore constantly searching for the best rates. Have accounts at many of your top listed banks but am always on the look out for good deals. When it come to looking for best interest checking account I find it best to just link your checking account to a good paying Money Money market and just transfer in what I need for bills that week. Hope the Fed keeps it up as I miss those 6% MM's we were getting a few years ago
View Post

Welcome to the board, scottjm! If you are after the best rates, you may consider subscribing to email alerts about updates of the thread Best rates of checking, savings and MM accounts. I update it every 1-2 weeks depending on how busy I am with my offline life. If you find nationwide banks that offer accounts with APY above the treshold of that list (currently, 1.75% for checking and 2.45% for savings and MM accounts), please let us know.

Cheers,

Mark

#9 jrr7

jrr7

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 10:01 PM

Meadows FCU (membership open to anyone with an email address)

Savvy Checking Account

4.00% APY with $5000 minimum balance and direct deposit
2.50% APY with $5000 minimum balance

Rate guaranteed until 12/31/05

and a whole host of services included for free if you maintain the minimum balance (ATM rebates, blank checks, money orders/cashiers checks/travelers checks, wire transfers, check copies, stop payments).

Offer expires June 30.

Savvy Checking

Reports here at IBD have suggested that Meadows allows a recurring ACH transfer from another bank to satisfy the direct deposit requirement.

#10 glowsinherre

glowsinherre

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 01:13 PM

Caterpillar has a variable rate demand note type "money market account". Here is the link to it:

http://www.cat.com/c...out?m=48580&x=7

It pays 3.86% below $5000 and up to 4.38% for $50K and above.

#11 skittle98

skittle98

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 05:15 PM

Everbank is offering 3.01%. No mins, and ATM rebats uo to $6 a month. PLus they have a promo apy of 5.01%. Only three months, but it beats my emigrant account

Stats