Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

Using a Credit Card to open/fund a bank account

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 vivyip

vivyip

1 million bucks

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 03 December 2004 - 05:06 PM

Some banks allow a person to use a credit card to fund a bank account when they open a checking or a savings account.

I can confirm one bank, but I would appreciate it if someone can confirm the second one. Thank you for reading this. (parenthesis indicate either confirmation member or the "purchase")

CharterOne (Charter One Bank)
Bank of America (member: ussr on ibankdesign)
PNC Bank (member: adityamn on ibankdesign)
Chase (member: propcgamer on ibankdesign)
Wainwright (member: yunsookh on ibankdesign)
UFB Direct (member: yunsookh and propcgamer on ibankdesign)

#2 ussr

ussr

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 01:52 AM

Yes, I can.

QUOTE(vivyip @ Dec 3 2004, 12:06 PM)
Some banks allow a person to use a credit card to fund a bank account when they open a checking or a savings account.

I can confirm one bank, but I would appreciate it if someone can confirm the second one.  Thank you for reading this.

CharterOne
Bank of America (can someone confirm this one?)
View Post

#3 vivyip

vivyip

1 million bucks

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 05:02 PM

has anyone tried to fund a PNC account with a credit card?

I'm interested in using my credit card to fund the PNC account, but I'm wondering if anyone knows if the transaction is a "purchase" or not.

Please let me know and thanks for reading this. happy.gif

#4 mir322

mir322

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 06:21 PM

I read on Fatwallet that a few have opened it with a CC. Adityann posted in reply to the same question I had in another topic. He said that up to $100 can be charged as a purchase. Try calling PNC up and see what they say.

Miriam smile.gif

#5 vivyip

vivyip

1 million bucks

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 02:15 PM

I asked PNC and they wouldn't answer other than "it depends on your credit card company" sad.gif

#6 mir322

mir322

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 12:16 AM

I know they take Mastercard or Visa. Fatwallet might have something on it. I just took it out of a bank account - 25 miles wasn't worth it to me to try it out. I hope you find the answer you're looking for!

Miriam smile.gif

#7 vivyip

vivyip

1 million bucks

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 09:20 PM

Has anyone tried his one: PCBanker? I looked and they seemed to allow funding with a credit card (100-200)

Is it a purchase or a cash advance?

#8 vivyip

vivyip

1 million bucks

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:40 PM

La Salle Bank (and maybe Standard Federal) also allow a person to open an account with a credit card (upto $300)

Wainwright Bank

Has anyone tried either bank? Please let me know. Thanks!

#9 propcgamer

propcgamer

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 06:18 AM

i tried with Chase
they let me fund it with my CC up to $1000
did it with my citibank visa card and it showed up as a purchase

#10 vivyip

vivyip

1 million bucks

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 02:10 PM

Thanks for the info! Original post has been updated.

Apparantly, you can open an account with UFB Direct with a credit card; does anyone have any experience...is it a purchase?

#11 yunsookh

yunsookh

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 05:19 AM

UFB direct allows funding with credit card. The opening amount is set at $200 for each account being opened. My credit card companies (American express and AAdvantage Master) posted them as purchase.

Wainwright allows funding with credit card as well. You can specify any amount greater than $10. However Wainwright wait charging the card until it receives your signature cards you will be receiving in application package.

Bank of american allowed funding with credit card upto $1000 per account being opened.

#12 propcgamer

propcgamer

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE(yunsookh @ Jun 3 2005, 12:19 AM)
UFB direct allows funding with credit card.  The opening amount is set at $200 for each account being opened.  My credit card companies (American express and AAdvantage Master) posted them as purchase.

Wainwright allows funding with credit card as well.  You can specify any amount greater than $10.  However Wainwright wait charging the card until it receives your signature cards you will be receiving in application package.

Bank of american allowed funding with credit card upto $1000 per account being opened.
View Post

With UFB Direct though, you need to be "instantly approved" when you sign up in order to make the credit card funding, the CSR's apparently cant do it manually sad.gif
My account was approved like 5 minutes after i signed up, but not instantly approved so i was unable to use credit card unsure.gif

#13 vivyip

vivyip

1 million bucks

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 09:28 PM

Since the la salle promotion is up again, I'm interested in opening their checking account using a credit card...has anyone had experience with opening the account using the credit card at la salle? is it a purchase or cash advance? Please let me know. thanks

#14 jlgrandam

jlgrandam

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 09:03 PM

USAA said they would do it but I refused because I was afraid it would be counted as a cash advance.

Stats