Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo
- - - - -

CharterOne

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vivyip

vivyip

1 million bucks

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 03 December 2004 - 11:50 PM

Hmm...how's this for a welcoming kit:

I was fortunate to be able to open the "Best Free Checking" and planned to use my ascencia bank account (free ach transfers!) to do the direct deposit bonus. I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing, but a little after I was able to setup the account, I could no longer find the "Best Free Checking" on their homepage. (I think it's because of the merger and stuff) So, I have no clue if the promotion is still going on, since I don't even know if my account is still valid/normal. However, for some reason I found that upon opening the account, I received a $25 bonus.

Great, huh? Anyway, I still received the "switch kit" promo email and the welcome kit in the mail telling me to mail in the sig card and stuff...nothing out of the norm there, right? So, apart from the $25 opening bonus, nothing's is wrong...

Actually, nothing IS wrong, but the strangest thing is -- I received my statement today....along with someone else's statement inside the same envelope! I told the bank, but man, it's a bit unnerving.

Thanks for reading this. Feel free to add more input....I'd appreciate it and can use the guidance/advice

#2 vivyip

vivyip

1 million bucks

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 04:07 PM

update of sorts...

Okay, there's a $25 opening account bonus. I didn't know this, but it was a nice surprise.

I decided to get things taken care of and did my direct deposit of $1 and I THINK I got the $25 direct deposit bonus (I have the Totally Free Checking account...I think the Green one works too)

Supposedly, I also got the One Switch bonus, but according to the representative on the phone, it will be posted at the end of the month. (I used my linked virtualbank to directdebit the charterone account.)

Hope this might help someone. Thank you for reading this.

Stats