Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

Earthstar Bank

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 04 July 2003 - 07:17 PM

Quick note:

In general, I can not recommend Earthstar Bank to high-income customers because APY of its checking and money market accounts is lower than APY you can get in other banks

I can only recommend Earthstar Bank interest checking account in a special case when a customer needs combination of free overdraft protection, free bill payment, and free checking account, and can tolerate relatively high, but not one of the highest, APY. Earthstar Bank may also be a good bank for customers who live near its branches.

In the other cases, I would not recommend Earthstar Bank because it fails to offer one of essential elements of online banks, namely, ATM rebates. It also does not offer online check images, e-bills and ACH transfers. There are online banks that offer better terms and services. For example, Farm Bureau Bank offers free, no min. balance checking with free bill payments, online check images, free incoming and outgoing ACH transfers, ATM rebates and email alerts about account balance. The interest checking account of First Internet Bank of Indiana with $500 minimum balance requirement gives you free bill payment, ACH-in transfers, e-bills, email alerts, and ATM rebates.

Stats