Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

$5 COMMISION

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 adityanm

adityanm

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 11:27 PM

A few days back there was a link to an account by Ameritrade that charge $5 as commission.
I had even started opening the account when something caused my computer to fail.
Now I cannot find the link.

If any one remembers it please post. laugh.gif

#2 jpsmoney

jpsmoney

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Personal finance, money, investing,... did i say money?

Posted 13 January 2005 - 04:49 AM

QUOTE(adityanm @ Jan 12 2005, 04:27 PM)
A  few days back there was  a link to an account by Ameritrade that charge $5 as commission.
I had even started opening the account when something caused my computer to fail.
Now I cannot find the link.

If any one remembers it please post. laugh.gif
View Post

Here you go!

http://www.ameritradeizone.com

#3 adityanm

adityanm

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE(jpsmoney @ Jan 12 2005, 11:49 PM)

Thank you.
BTW, Ameritrade has a service even better that is free.,
It is called Freetrade.

Does any one know if they charge for transfer of funds from one account to other.

#4 jpsmoney

jpsmoney

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Personal finance, money, investing,... did i say money?

Posted 23 February 2005 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE(adityanm @ Jan 13 2005, 07:44 AM)
QUOTE(jpsmoney @ Jan 12 2005, 11:49 PM)

Thank you.
BTW, Ameritrade has a service even better that is free.,
It is called Freetrade.

Does any one know if they charge for transfer of funds from one account to other.
View Post

I know, I have an account at Freetrade right now wink.gif . They do charge you $25 to transfer an account in if it's worth less than $25,000. But hey, as long as you make 5 trades ever, you'll break even vs. IZone! Let me know what you think if you do open an account, I like it so far myself, but I've only made one trade so far.

#5 adityanm

adityanm

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE(jpsmoney @ Feb 23 2005, 04:11 PM)
I know, I have an account at Freetrade right now wink.gif .  They do charge you $25 to transfer an account in if it's worth less than $25,000.  But hey, as long as you make 5 trades ever, you'll break even vs. IZone!  Let me know what you think if you do open an account, I like it so far myself, but I've only made one trade so far.

You just contradicted yourself. Not every one makes 5 trades a month but you have to pay for trasfer of funds to/from.
Secondly, even with >25k, they will not charge for transfer but the other account from which you get the funds will charge more than $25.

Stats