Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

Seems there is a bug in your home page

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 adityanm

adityanm

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 06:22 PM

I cannot access this site with IE6 as it kills the browser.
Only way I am accessing it is with Firefox.
Has any one else come across this problem?
In any case I suggest webmaster to look into the code and fix it.

#2 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 08:27 PM

If you get any errors when your browser crashes, could you please post them here? It may help me to identify what part of the home page code causes the problem. I have tested iBankDesign with IE6.0, Netscape, Firefox, Opera, Mozilla, Konqueror and have never had any problems. Without having a browser that crashes, it would be difficult to fix anything.

#3 adityanm

adityanm

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE(markber @ Jan 15 2005, 03:27 PM)
If you get any errors when your browser crashes, could you please post them here? It may help me to identify what part of the home page code causes the problem. I have tested iBankDesign with IE6.0, Netscape, Firefox, Opera, Mozilla, Konqueror and have never had any problems. Without having a browser that crashes, it would be difficult to fix anything.
View Post

Since I can attach a file directly here is a to the message that I get when I
try to open your home page in IE6.
ibank screen image

#4 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 07:06 AM

QUOTE(adityanm @ Jan 15 2005, 07:35 PM)
Since I can attach a file directly here is a to the message that I get when I
try to open your home page in IE6.
ibank screen image
View Post

Thanks for the snapshot. It looks to me that it could a problem of MSHTML.DLL on your computer because I checked IE 6.0 on, at least, three different computers and did not have an IE crash. You may consider using fixes described on http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888092 .

It may well be possible that the software of Invision Power Board portal is not compatible with the version of MSHTML.DLL that you have (because, for example, the IPB software includes a script that updates the page every 10-15 min). You can test this idea if you go to website: www.buyoninternet.com . If your browser crashes there too, there is very little I can do. I could ask people who wrote IPB but I expect the same answer from them (to update IE) because so many people have had problems with mshtml.dll in the past.

If you can see www.buyoninternet.com just fine for ~ 30 min, then it may be a Java script that comes with Online Banking news or, less likely, Google ads on iBankDesign.com homepage that causes the problem. We can think how deal with it then. But it seems to me that the fastest and most reliable way to fix the problem is to update IE 6.0.

Mark

Stats