Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

Giant bank

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 02:22 PM

Quick note:

I can recommend Giant Bank Money Market account to high-income customers because its APY is among the highest APYs in the country (as of 07/05/2003). However, if high-income customers need a online bank with convenient online banking, they should read my comments below.

I can not recommend Giant Bank to low-income customers because it fails to offer one of the "MUST HAVE" features of online banks, namely, ATM rebates. It also charges a $5 fee for overdraft protection transfers. It also does not offer such important services as online check images, incoming ACH transfers and email alerts. There are online banks that offer better terms and services. For example, Farm Bureau Bank offers free, no min. balance checking with free bill payments, online check images, free incoming and outgoing ACH transfers, ATM rebates and email alerts about account balance. The interest checking account of First Internet Bank of Indiana with $500 minimum balance requirement gives you free bill payment, ACH-in transfers, e-bills, email alerts, and ATM rebates.

Stats