Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

question about $85 Bank of America deal

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 grrarrgh

grrarrgh

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 04:33 PM

I know this offer expires in May, but I'm curious about the following:

How long does it take before BofA sends out the referral emails?

Basically, I filled out the "refer friends/family" form on the webpage, and everything seemed fine.

Just to make sure everything was working, I included 2 of my own email addresses on the list.

I've been checking my inboxes and spam folders, etc, but haven't gotten any emails yet from BofA (nor have my actual recipients, though I can't vouch for their internet savviness)

I also doubt that "I'm" on any of the BofA do not email lists, since one of the email accts I expressly created for this test (I have my own domain name, and can create and delete email accts at will)

My assumption was that this was the type of thing where once you submit addresses, some BofA script immediately emails out form referrals -- this would be typical of such internet "refer a friend" offers

Perhaps I'm wrong, and human review of the rec forms is required?

I'd appreciate it if someone else could let me know how long referrals take to be emailed out...

thanks!
(and truly, this site is a wonderful resource!)

#2 grrarrgh

grrarrgh

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 06:42 PM

update -- finally received the email -- i think there may indeed be human involvement...

#3 grrarrgh

grrarrgh

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 07:15 PM

also, what's the lag time on the bonuses (unlike many other bonuses, eg etrade, the fine print doesn't say how long it takes.

side note -- the auto transfer bonus doesnt' apply to ex-fleet customers until after bofa consolidates -- they said they couldn't do it after my submission online.

Stats