Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

Feedback about ING Direct

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 04:25 PM

The following story was posted by Riuski on FatWallet two days ago.

"Okay, first off, I have to say, I was partially to blame for being negligent to an extent, but here's the story:

On 9/30/2004, ING made an automatic transfer of $100 from my linked bank (Bank of America) as it does every month since I opened the account. Then I received an email from ING saying that there were insufficient funds for the transfer. I found this to be quite strange as I had close to $8000 in the BoA account at the time (for business purposes), which would easily cover the $100, so I figured I'd wait a couple of days for things to straighten themselves out. Well, it never did. My BoA account showed the transfer on 10/1/2004, and the money was never returned. I had called INGDirect around 10/10/2004 the first time to find out what happened, and they had told me to wait a few more days and the money should be back in my BoA account, but it never showed up. The problem slipped my mind over the holiday season and I didn't revisit it until last month.

Well, I've now made about 3 phone calls, a fax, and an email to ING Direct, and they're adamant about not having the money, citing how their policies required that they return the money if they receive an "NSF" (no sufficient funds?) message from the clearing house or something. I've also written to BoA asking them if they can research and find out where the $100 went, and they basically told me ING has it and all their records indicated that I had more than enough to cover (which I already knew).

Now, the only way out I see is getting ING to send me a copy the notice they received about NSF, so I can go back to BoA, as there doesn't seem to be a way for me to get the two banks to talk and find my money.

Has anyone else had this problem or give me some advice on what further actions to take? Any help would be appreciated. "

Source: fatwallet.com/t/52/441302

#2 alokswain

alokswain

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE(markber @ Feb 23 2005, 09:25 AM)
Sir,
I also am faced with the same problem. I tried to open an account with etradebank. Etrade, online discount securities trader  and they deducted $100
from my account and did not open my account. And they havent returned my money yet, inspite of my trying to reach them many times over. I havent contacted Bank of America yet. I was wondering that if thats a bug in there software considering that Bank of America is the common denominator in both these cases. Would appreciate if anybody has faced this problem before and has recovered the money and knows how to proceed.
The etradebank customer service is very poor on weekdays and one has to wait for considerable time on hold.
Please help
Thanks

Alok Swain
[email protected]

The following story was posted by Riuski on FatWallet two days ago.

"Okay, first off, I have to say, I was partially to blame for being negligent to an extent, but here's the story:

On 9/30/2004, ING made an automatic transfer of $100 from my linked bank (Bank of America) as it does every month since I opened the account. Then I received an email from ING saying that there were insufficient funds for the transfer. I found this to be quite strange as I had close to $8000 in the BoA account at the time (for business purposes), which would easily cover the $100, so I figured I'd wait a couple of days for things to straighten themselves out. Well, it never did. My BoA account showed the transfer on 10/1/2004, and the money was never returned. I had called INGDirect around 10/10/2004 the first time to find out what happened, and they had told me to wait a few more days and the money should be back in my BoA account, but it never showed up. The problem slipped my mind over the holiday season and I didn't revisit it until last month.

Well, I've now made about 3 phone calls, a fax, and an email to ING Direct, and they're adamant about not having the money, citing how their policies required that they return the money if they receive an "NSF" (no sufficient funds?) message from the clearing house or something. I've also written to BoA asking them if they can research and find out where the $100 went, and they basically told me ING has it and all their records indicated that I had more than enough to cover (which I already knew).

Now, the only way out I see is getting ING to send me a copy the notice they received about NSF, so I can go back to BoA, as there doesn't seem to be a way for me to get the two banks to talk and find my money.

Has anyone else had this problem or give me some advice on what further actions to take? Any help would be appreciated. "

Source:  fatwallet.com/t/52/441302
View Post

#3 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 09:14 PM

Thanks SeattleNative for reporting this blog post:

"Gross mismanagement and misinformation being stated by employees on critical matters -- because it affects whether or not you can withdraw your money!! I had an employee service desk tell me something completely wrong and in complete contradiction with the contract I signed.

I am very distressed about how my ING Direct account is being handled. I was told today by this employee that I never verified my account link (which I verified back in Jan .or Feb.) and that people have had accounts for 3 years with unverified links. I quote from their website:

"Your initial deposit will be withdrawn from your linked account even if you have not validated the two small deposits. If you do not validate the link within 60 days ING DIRECT will close the account, return the initial deposit including any interest earned to the linked account."
Somehow the link with the originating institution was put into an "unconfirmed" status. As a result of the linking issue with the original account providing the money, I am told that a check I sent in to request a new link was returned to me unfulfilled. I have to send it all over again. In addition, that check has not arrived here, and I think the problem might be the apartment # was not included on the mailing address (the apparent fault of another employee). This means that my check may be floating around the post office somewhere. Finally, the original link with the originating account would no longer be valid even though I "confirmed" it or re-validated it (for the sake of their rules) because I closed that account, so I cannot use that orginal link.
I am getting heartburn with ING Direct. It is good that I do not need the money immediately because I have no way of accessing it immediately. Let your friends and relatives know."

Source: http://micasaloca.ty...explanatio.html

#4 scottjm

scottjm

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 09:58 PM

My only problem I had with ING is that because I did not use for awhile the account went into a dormant status and i had to call to get it active again. So for anyone just parking money they should do a small transfer every few months

#5 vivyip

vivyip

1 million bucks

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 01:58 PM

I wasn't sure where to put this, but ING Direct now has changed the referral program. Upto 21(?) referrals, and if a referral needs to open a new account with $250 instead of any amount; otherwise, neither person receives the bonus.

Does anyone have any idea why ING Direct is doing this? oh well

#6 vivyip

vivyip

1 million bucks

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 03:17 PM

i've also noticed that once a referral link has expired (not not used) then the opportunity is gone (it doesn't allow a new one to show up)

anyone see the same thing? Please let me know. thanks

#7 likebonuses

likebonuses

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE(vivyip @ Nov 1 2005, 11:17 AM)
i've also noticed that once a referral link has expired (not not used) then the opportunity is gone (it doesn't allow a new one to show up)

anyone see the same thing?  Please let me know.  thanks
View Post

I sent a friend a referral three times (the first two expired without action) before he got around to epening up his account. Am I misunderstanding the problem?

Stats