Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo
- - - - -

Billing/banking histories

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Springer

Springer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 06:59 PM

I bank at First IB of Indiana. Occassionally I need to go back into my records to examine older transactions (e.g. I am doing my taxes this weekend and want to look up all the 2004 charitable contributions I made). The statements I get from First IB are not detailed...just a check number and an amount, and the Billpay history goes back only 6 months.

Is there an internet bank that does a better job of giving one acess to one's older records?

S

#2 mir322

mir322

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 07:12 PM

The only thing that might help you out is finding banks that scan a picture of the checks for you. I don't know of any online banks that do this. I believe US Bank, Bank One, and Huntington Banks do this - you can do online banking, but they're also brick and mortar banks as well. Have you considered using Microsoft Money or Quicken to keep track of these sorts of things? I use Money and it's a godsend - at any time, I can look up who's getting my money, what I make, bill payments, etc. I'd highly recommend this. OR, keep some kind of file for charitable contributions. There are usually receipts given in case you get audited. Hope this helps!

Miriam ohmy.gif)

#3 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE(Springer @ Mar 6 2005, 11:59 AM)
I bank at First IB of Indiana.  Occassionally I need to go back into my records to examine older transactions (e.g. I am doing my taxes this weekend and want to look up all the 2004 charitable contributions I made).  The statements I get from First IB are not detailed...just a check number and an amount, and the Billpay history goes back only 6 months. 

Is there an internet bank that does a better job of giving one acess to one's older records?

S
View Post

Do you want to see more info about the checks that you wrote from your FirstIB account or checks from other banks that you deposited into your FirstIB account?

FirstIB does offer online images of FirstIB checks...

#4 Springer

Springer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 12:15 AM

Indiana does have all that has been described in this string. For paper checks, one can see images, for e-generated checks, there is language in the description of the check as to what the check was for.

My problem is that everything dissolves quickly. In six months, the bill-pay history is gone as are the images. The descriptive language is expunged from my statement, so I have no idea, looking at old statements, what the e-checks were for.

I'd like a bank where one can access everything for at least two years. Or forever!! Why not??

Stats