Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

$50 bonus - Verus bank : checking; Exp. - unknown

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 08:08 PM

LINK

Info from the website:

Open a checking account and we'll give you $50.*
You can be a new customer or a present customer who doesn't have a checking account with us. Either way, you get cash — and the best checking account in town, with Overdraft Privilege.™ Stop by and say "Gimme $50!"

*Some restrictions apply. A bonus of $50 will be paid on the date of the account opening. A minimum of $100, including the bonus, is required to open the account. To obtain the bonus you must make a deposit of at least $50. There is no time requirement to obtain the bonus. Overdraft Privilege is a purely discretionary service and we are not obligated to pay any overdraft. Not all accounts are eligible and restrictions apply. See our Overdraft Privilege Service Description. Our normal non-sufficient funds or overdraft charge will apply to each item overdrawing your account

#2 mir322

mir322

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 09:22 PM

Interesting - I'll have to look into this one!

#3 labboypro

labboypro

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 01:36 AM

Wow! 11 miles from my house. I'll give them a try this weekend (with the $50 that I got signing up for a Fidelity account wink.gif )

#4 patty7182

patty7182

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 06:09 PM

You have to physically go to one of the banks to get the bonus. annoyed.gif

#5 CarolinaPinball

CarolinaPinball

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE(patty7182 @ Mar 29 2006, 02:09 PM)
You have to physically go to one of the banks to get the bonus.  annoyed.gif
View Post

$50 is not nearly enough to compensate someone for having to live in Kansas... just kidding around smile.gif

#6 labboypro

labboypro

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 05:19 PM

This deal is essentially dead (though, at last driveby they still have the banner up). IMO, this is a "bait-and-switch" kind of deal. I tried to get the bonus but was given lots of "buts" during the process-- you have to buy their checks (grossly inflated), not in the offer terms, and so on. I got fed up and left. I called their VP of CS to discuss and she was polite and presented herself well, but didn't give me ANY warm fuzzys about the whole deal. I decided to pass. It's clear to me that they didn't want my business.

YMMV.

#7 ichaelm

ichaelm

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 1,069 posts
  • Interests:bank and card bonuses, credit arbitrage

Posted 23 June 2007 - 03:44 PM

bonus states=KS
in branch=yes

Stats