Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo
- - - - -

greenpoint

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mehmeh

mehmeh

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 02:57 PM

hey

anyone out there have greenpoint checking?

ok they have two accounts i'm looking at right now.. free checking (w/ no direct deposit!) and direct deposit which is free if ur using, presumably any ACH vehicle, as i can now say from getting savvy w/ all this biggrin.gif

ok here's the stupid question:

.........do i need direct deposit in my checking account to use ING? (or these other internet banks)

i honestly dont know, haven't had anything besides savings before. can i get minimum, no-frills, non-direct checking and link it up?--or must it be direct? what's the deal? somebody, if u could post and help me out, i'd appreciate it so much.

if anybody has greenpoint bank (it's in NY) and has avoided the 6 dollar monthly direct charge w/ ING transactions, whewww, that would be a load off my mind

i also dont want them to have "payable thru" written on their checks cus i know then it wont work .. they're owned by northfork so hopefully that wont muck up the process...

i dont wanna have to switch my "tangible," brick-and-mortar bank for nothing!

help...............

#2 alanwong1187

alanwong1187

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE(mehmeh @ Apr 12 2005, 07:57 AM)
hey

anyone out there have greenpoint checking?

ok they have two accounts i'm looking at right now.. free checking (w/ no direct deposit!) and direct deposit which is free if ur using, presumably any ACH vehicle, as i can now say from getting savvy w/ all this biggrin.gif

ok here's the stupid question:

.........do i need direct deposit in my checking account to use ING? (or these other internet banks)

i honestly dont know, haven't had anything besides savings before.  can i get minimum, no-frills, non-direct checking and link it up?--or must it be direct?  what's the deal?  somebody, if u could post and help me out, i'd appreciate it so much.

if anybody has greenpoint bank (it's in NY) and has avoided the 6 dollar monthly direct charge w/ ING transactions, whewww, that would be a load off my mind

i also dont want them to have "payable thru" written on their checks cus i know then it wont work .. they're owned by northfork so hopefully that wont muck up the process...

i dont wanna have to switch my "tangible," brick-and-mortar bank for nothing!

help...............
View Post

ING Direct does NOT require you to link your checking account through Direct Deposits. However, ING does require that you fund their account electronically when open a new account, and that requires an ACH transfer.

Just know that as far as ING Direct is concerned that there are no fees involved and that you are not asked nor required to fund your Savings account continuously with Direct Deposit.

Posting referral offers is not permitted on this forum. Moderator

Hope that answers your question.

Alan

Stats