Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

Banks that buy back checks...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vivyip

vivyip

1 million bucks

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 12:30 AM

after opening so many new checking accounts, I have about 6 boxes of unused checks. happy.gif Those are from the banks that provide the free checks.

Now, with that in mind...are there any banks that buy your unused checks? happy.gif In particular those banks with those nice free checking account...that have no checks? happy.gif

How do those banks buy back those unused checks? Can I mix and match? happy.gif Like one from each of the other banks? What will happen? Will the bank I'm trying to get discounted checks close all those other accounts? Just curious.

Anyway, to start off, I will list down the bank I know buys back the checks.

Provident Bank (Maryland...the one which gives out gifts to both the referrals and the new customer)
United Bank (upto 10 pads...upto $20 total for the 10 pads)
BankAtlantic (upto $25, you can mail in the checks to them...it's a YMMV)

Please reply if you know of a bank that buys back(?) unused checks. Thank you for reading this.

#2 dudetheobscure

dudetheobscure

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE(vivyip @ Apr 16 2005, 12:30 AM)
after opening so many new checking accounts, I have about 6 boxes of unused checks. ^_^  Those are from the banks that provide the free checks.

Now, with that in mind...are there any banks that buy your unused checks? ^_^  In particular those banks with those nice free checking account...that have no checks? ^_^

How do those banks buy back those unused checks?  Can I mix and match? ^_^  Like one from each of the other banks?  What will happen?  Will the bank I'm trying to get discounted checks close all those other accounts?  Just curious.

Anyway, to start off, I will list down the bank I know buys back the checks.

Provident Bank (Maryland...the one which gives out gifts to both the referrals and the new customer)

Please reply if you know of a bank that buys back(?) unused checks.  Thank you for reading this.
View Post

You're kidding, right?

#3 vivyip

vivyip

1 million bucks

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 06:36 PM

um...didn't you read the title of my thread : "not so serious" ?!

I know this isn't meant to be completely serious, but I wasn't kidding in that I have 6+ boxes of checks from the checking accounts I opened over time...

Stats