Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

beware of using credit cards overseas

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pangya88

pangya88

• GoodMembers
  • 126 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 05:10 AM

phxsun2001 posted the following at bensbargains.net:

Beware of using credit cards in Mexico and Asia (China) because of identity theft problems. I had some bad experience in Mexico, Hermsillo to be specific. It took the waiter like 15 minutes to return my credit card and receipt. 24 hours later the credit card company called, someone has been using a duplicated card and charged over $6,000. I didn't have to pay anything for the damage. I was told that this problem is pretty bad in Southern China also.

#2 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 06:03 AM

QUOTE(pangya88 @ Oct 24 2005, 10:10 PM)

Beware of using credit cards in Mexico and Asia (China) because of identity theft problems. I had some bad experience in Mexico, Hermsillo to be specific. It took the waiter like 15 minutes to return my credit card and receipt. 24 hours later the credit card company called, someone has been using a duplicated card and charged over $6,000. I didn't have to pay anything for the damage. I was told that this problem is pretty bad in Southern China also.
View Post

Thanks for warning, pangya88!

Mark

#3 junkhuolin

junkhuolin

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 03:52 AM

in china, we usually use atm cards to shop. it requires pin entering. however, creditcard is getting popular.

QUOTE(pangya88 @ Oct 25 2005, 05:10 AM)

View Post

Stats