Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

$100 bonus - LaSalle Bank : Direct Plus Checking Account; Eligibility - residents of MI, IL, WI, and IN; Exp. - 3/31/07

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 09:21 PM

sneaky.gif

The following info was posted by daftsynth on FW:

"""
$100 bonus for opening a free LaSalle Direct Plus checking account with direct deposit or free online bill pay.

www.lasallebank.com
800-275-9072

Must use code EASE100

Minimum opening balance is $50

here is the small print:
The miminum balance to open a Direct Plus Checking Account and earn the $100 bunus is $50. Bonus will not be considered part of the minimum opening deposit. To be eligle for the Bonus you are also required to establish direct deposit OR sign up for free online bill pay. Bonus is limited to one new checking account per household, may not be combined with other offer. Bonus credited at account opening and is for NEW consumer checking accounts only opened with funds not currently on deposit. Offer expires 3/31/07
"""

source: fatwallet.com/t/52/704038/

#2 ichaelm

ichaelm

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 1,069 posts
  • Interests:bank and card bonuses, credit arbitrage

Posted 14 February 2007 - 11:27 PM

This checking account has a $4 monthly fee without direct deposit. Has anyone opened a Direct Plus account with LaSalle using a Paypal ACH transfer in lieu of direct deposit? Apple, HTH, HSBC, and eTrade all offer free push/pull transfers. Would a regularly-scheduled transfer from another bank work?

QUOTE(markber @ Feb 14 2007, 09:21 PM) View Post

sneaky.gif

"""
$100 bonus for opening a free LaSalle Direct Plus checking account with direct deposit or free online bill pay.

www.lasallebank.com
800-275-9072

Must use code EASE100

here is the small print:
The miminum balance to open a Direct Plus Checking Account and earn the $100 bunus is $50. Bonus will not be considered part of the minimum opening deposit. To be eligle for the Bonus you are also required to establish direct deposit OR sign up for free online bill pay. Bonus is limited to one new checking account per household, may not be combined with other offer. Bonus credited at account opening and is for NEW consumer checking accounts only opened with funds not currently on deposit. Offer expires 3/31/07
"""

#3 ichaelm

ichaelm

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 10:51 PM

Allright, since no one answered my question, I volunteer to be the guinea pig. I opened an account and will will make an ACH transfer to it next month.I'll be back in about 60 days to report what happened.

QUOTE(ichaelm @ Feb 14 2007, 11:27 PM) View Post

This checking account has a $4 monthly fee without direct deposit. Has anyone opened a Direct Plus account with LaSalle using a Paypal ACH transfer in lieu of direct deposit? Apple, HTH, HSBC, and eTrade all offer free push/pull transfers. Would a regularly-scheduled transfer from another bank work?

sneaky.gif

"""

www.lasallebank.com
800-275-9072

Must use code EASE100

here is the small print:
"""

#4 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 11:02 PM

Thanks for testing the deal! I think there is a pretty good chance that any ACH transfer will work as direct deposit.

Allright, since no one answered my question, I volunteer to be the guinea pig. I opened an account and will will make an ACH transfer to it next month. I'll be back in about 60 days to report what happened

#5 Bankgeek

Bankgeek

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 01:49 AM

[quote name='ichaelm' date='Feb 22 2007, 10:51 PM' post='21121']
Allright, since no one answered my question, I volunteer to be the guinea pig. I opened an account and will will make an ACH transfer to it next month.I'll be back in about 60 days to report what happened.

[quote name='ichaelm' post='21061' date='Feb 14 2007, 11:27 PM']

Set up a paypal premier account, its free. Than use it to transfer money into your account. It will work. Or you could just pay some utility bills.

#6 ichaelm

ichaelm

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 03:49 PM

BTW, this bonus is available nationwide.I opened a checking account w/ LaSalle last year and rec'd a $50 Visa gift card.

QUOTE(ichaelm @ Feb 22 2007, 10:51 PM) View Post

QUOTE(ichaelm @ Feb 14 2007, 11:27 PM) View Post

sneaky.gif

"""

www.lasallebank.com
800-275-9072

Must use code EASE100

here is the small print:
"""

#7 str222

str222

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 11:20 PM

i just called and asked if ease100 promo code was valid. he asked if i had a flyer. he said you need the promo code and also some info on the flyer in order to get the $100.00. does anyone know the extra info on the flyer?

[quote name='markber' post='21058' date='Feb 14 2007, 09:21 PM']
sneaky.gif

"""

www.lasallebank.com
800-275-9072

Must use code EASE100

here is the small print:
"""

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

#8 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 05:23 AM

Based on the discussions on other message boards, you just need to enter the promo code in the promo code box of the online application form when you apply online... then either set-up a direct deposit or sign-up for online bill pay. No other info is needed (or at, least, used to be needed). I did not do the deal myself though....

QUOTE(str222 @ Feb 28 2007, 04:20 PM) View Post

i just called and asked if ease100 promo code was valid. he asked if i had a flyer. he said you need the promo code and also some info on the flyer in order to get the $100.00. does anyone know the extra info on the flyer?

sneaky.gif

"""

www.lasallebank.com
800-275-9072

Must use code EASE100

here is the small print:
"""

#9 saver8625

saver8625

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 04:30 PM

sad.gif I opened the LaSalle account and called because I didn't get the $100 yet. I was told that the offer was restricted to MI, IL, WI, IN. So I'm closing the account !

#10 ichaelm

ichaelm

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 06:50 PM

If you applied online, did you use the EASE100 promo code? As recently as yesterday morning, someone at FW living in Ohio reported that he received the bonus. I rec'd a $50 (Visa giftcard) bonus from LaSalle last year, and there's no LaSalle branch within 500 miles of me.

QUOTE(saver8625 @ Mar 2 2007, 04:30 PM) View Post

sad.gif I opened the LaSalle account and called because I didn't get the $100 yet. I was told that the offer was restricted to MI, IL, WI, IN. So I'm closing the account !

#11 strinh808

strinh808

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 06:53 PM

yeah i also was told by LaSalle that the offer only applies to a few select states so DOUBLE CHECK!

#12 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE(strinh808 @ Mar 20 2007, 12:53 PM) View Post

yeah i also was told by LaSalle that the offer only applies to a few select states so DOUBLE CHECK!

OK... I think it is better to be safe than sorry....so.. I am moving this thread to the restricted bonuses board since the situation with the bonus eligibility is somewhat ambiguous.

Stats