Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo
- - - - -

Bank of America

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 vivyip

vivyip

1 million bucks

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 01:52 AM

No complaints so far. happy.gif I signed up for the bonus and got it within 30 days!

Any other comments appreciated. Thank you for reading this.

#2 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 09:33 AM

Did you try to use Bank of America ACH transfers?

#3 vivyip

vivyip

1 million bucks

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 11:32 PM

No, I haven't....I"m almost afraid to. Is it two way and is it free?

#4 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 09:24 AM

QUOTE(vivyip @ Nov 17 2004, 05:32 PM)
No, I haven't....I"m almost afraid to.  Is it two way and is it free?
View Post

Good questions. I can not answer for sure because BofA website logs me out as soon as I try to activate ACH transfers. I will ask around what other people know about BofA ACH transfers.

#5 vivyip

vivyip

1 million bucks

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 09:18 PM

I have this other question...

Does anyone know how many different types of checking accounts BoA offers?

I know of the following (to avoid fees)

MyAccess (direct deposit)
Regular/Standard Checking (750 min)
CampusEdge (student, plus maybe parents bank with BoA or direct deposit)
Advantage (5000 in one account) (this shows up if you choose MD as your state)
Prima (10k min) (this shows up if you choose CA as your state)
VERSATEL (avoid the bank...do it at ATM...and direct deposit) (this shows up if you choose CA as your state)
Nuevo Futuro (link to savings and transfer $25 every month) (not seen online, but at the branches in MD)

Does anyone know of any others? I'm curious because for some reason, the checking account I have signed up at the bank isn't mentioned online. I had to sign up online for regular checking and go into a branch to change it to the nuevo futuro checking since I do not have direct deposit and i wanted to avoid fees. (I wasn't sure how strict they were on what considered direct deposit at the time)

The lady at the bank told me to sign up through online first (to obtain the bonus) and then change the account when it's been confirmed. I decided to open a savings account at the branch and fund it with $300 to avoid fees. After I confirmed the checking account, I changed it over to Nuevo Futuro and linked it to my savings and transfered $25 every month. (that way you don't get any fees...and free up at least $75) The way I look at it, I can rotate the money every 3-4 months out of my savings and basically have a minimum balance of $300-$400 total plus it collects interest plus the $50 bonus for signing up online. (If a person doesn't have direct deposit, then I think this is as low as I can get...even the regular/standard checking needs $750 for a minimum balance)

Are there other accounts that are regional and stuff? Incentives? According to the lady at the bank, they have this Nuevo Futuro account because the DC area has high population of latinos.

I'm wondering if BoA has other accounts geared toward a certain region and if it possible for a person to change accounts even it it's not mentioned in his/her own state. (say, like someone in an area with a dearth of Latinos, for example)? I'm also wondering if ti's possible to try to find an account wiht a lower min balance w/o being a student or having direct deposit.

I'd greatly appreciate any information. Thank you.

#6 pinkpig

pinkpig

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 07:47 AM

QUOTE(markber @ Nov 18 2004, 09:24 AM)
QUOTE(vivyip @ Nov 17 2004, 05:32 PM)
No, I haven't....I"m almost afraid to.  Is it two way and is it free?
View Post

Good questions. I can not answer for sure because BofA website logs me out as soon as I try to activate ACH transfers. I will ask around what other people know about BofA ACH transfers.
View Post

inbound ACH(minimum $10/each transfer) is free(from outside banks to BOA)
Outbound ACH is not free (only free for advantage checking accoount holders,at least,that' true in my State).
Setting up external accounts is pretty easy,just input routing # and account#. You need verify the two small deposits BOA made to your external account,same way PayPal does.
btw, the usual transfer speed is 3 days. One-day transfer is not free,even for inbound ACH.
Don't know the maximum transfer limit per day. I don't have that much money to do a test.

#7 latitude500

latitude500

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 12:27 AM

I signed up for the checking and got my $100 check in the mail in less then 30 days too. But I have to say that is the only reason I would have an account with them. I can't stand banks that want to charge me for keeping my money with them. LOL as if, I would put up with that.

QUOTE(vivyip @ Nov 14 2004, 01:52 AM)
No complaints so far. happy.gif  I signed up for the bonus and got it within 30 days!

Any other comments appreciated.  Thank you for reading this.
View Post

#8 doglar

doglar

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 05:17 PM

BoA has no fees for pulling - pushing has a $3 or $8 fee. See my posting on the perfect bank thread for more info.

Stats