Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

$50 bonus - Everbank : for closing a 2.51% checking account; Exp. - unknown

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 03:42 AM

content.gif

LINK

Page with info about the $50 bonus

Everbank FreeNet checking account currently offers 2.51% APY for the first three months as of 7/9/09.

$50 promo info from the bank website as of 7/9/09:

"""
Try the FreeNet Checking Account for three months. If you're not completely satisfied, we'll send you a check for $50 to show how much we appreciate you for giving us a try. To qualify for the $50 satisfaction guarantee, you must have used our Online Bill Pay feature at least three times and your account must have been closed within 30 days of your three-month anniversary.

Customer must notify EverBank of reason for dissatisfaction within 30 days of 3-month anniversary. Limit one per household. New EverBank customers only. Not valid with any other EverBank offer. Minimum of 3 online bill payments over the 3-month period required. Then, if for any reason whatsoever you are not completely convinced that our FreeNet Checking Account is the best bank account in the nation, tell us about your experience. If you close your account within 30 days of your 3-month anniversary, We'll send you a check for $50.00 after we hear from you, as our way of saying "Thank You!" for giving us a try.
"""

Source: everbank.com/001CheckingTBGuarantee.aspx

Promo rate terms:

Rates and Annual Percentage Yields (APYs) shown are current as of 9/4/2009 12:00:00 AM. Minimum opening deposit of $1,500 is required. This is a tiered variable rate account and any of the tiers or rates may change at any time without notice. This bonus rate offer and New Account First-Year APYs are available to first-time EverBank account holders only and are limited to one account per household. The bonus rate will apply to the first $99,999.99 on deposit for the first three months after account opening (the "Bonus Period") and may change at any time prior to account opening. The APY for the 12 month period after the account is opened is the "New Account First-Year APY" or "First Year APY." New Account First-Year APY for Balances of $100,000 or more: During the Bonus Period balances of $100,000 or more will earn an interest rate of 2.51% for the first $99,999.99 and will earn the ongoing rate or Current Rate for balances of $100,000 or more. The Current Rate is 1.50% and is subject to change without notice at any time, including during the bonus period. Assuming the highest balance in the account is $10,000,000 the range of APYs available for this highest tier based on the bonus rate the ongoing rate and the average collected daily balance on your account for the 12 month period after the account is opened is 1.77%-1.51% APY. Without Bonus Rate: Without this bonus offer the current tiers and APYs as of 9/4/2009 12:00:00 AM are: $100,000 and higher 1.51%; $50K-$99,999.99 1.45%; $25K-$49,999.99 0.90%; $10K-$24,999.99 0.80%; and under $10K 0.76%. Higher balances are accepted.

#2 pileto

pileto

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 04:02 AM

Hi there,
I am not exactly sure what will qualify for "three web payments" -(for EVERBANK).

Your help will be G R E A T L Y appreciated biggrin.gif

Thanks.

#3 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 04:33 AM

Hi there,
I am not exactly sure what will qualify for \"three web payments\" -(for EVERBANK).

Your help will be G R E A T L Y  appreciated  :D

Thanks.

...bill payments that initiated from Everbank web site using Everbank online bill payment system...

I would do three bill payments to different companies just in case. If this is a problem, you can ask members of MoneyBB and FatWallet about their experience with Everbank bonuses. You can consider posting your question in the following threads:

http://www.fatwallet...threadid=184715

http://www.moneybb.c...topic.php?t=557

#4 pileto

pileto

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 12:54 PM

Thank you. biggrin.gif

#5 clogher

clogher

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 01:09 AM

I wonder about the good judgment of offering customers $50 to go away. Everbank used to offer a sign-up bonus, and that's trouble enough, I guess, though I've collected a few biggrin.gif .

I also have a problem with someone opening an account with the intention of closing it for the payment three months later.

But of course, it's not my bank, so they can do what they want, and the customers can do what they want.

smile.gif

#6 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 02:32 AM

QUOTE(clogher @ Jan 15 2005, 07:09 PM)
I wonder about the good judgment of offering customers $50 to go away.  Everbank used to offer a sign-up bonus, and that's trouble enough, I guess, though I've collected a few  biggrin.gif .

I also have a problem with someone opening an account with the intention of closing it for the payment three months later.

But of course, it's not my bank, so they can do what they want, and the customers can do what they want.

smile.gif
View Post

I have never understood it either. Apparently, Everbank hopes that a customer who do not like the bank, will forget to make three bill payments during a three- month period to be eligible for bonus. I doubt that the promo was designed with bargain-hunters in mind

#7 Isaac3424

Isaac3424

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 01:58 PM

I think it makes more sense to give people $50 to sign up, I have signed up for accounts to get a bonus, and I end up staying with them, like ING has been great so far.
Is this deal still valid to get the $50 to close an account?

#8 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 07:03 AM

QUOTE(Isaac3424 @ Feb 1 2005, 07:58 AM)
Is this deal still valid to get the $50 to close an account?
View Post

I think so. They still offer banners that mention the $50 account closure bonus to Everbank affiliates. Everabank customer service would be the most reliable source of information to address your question though.

#9 mbaker4096

mbaker4096

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 01:35 AM

Deal is still valid as of today.

#10 jpsmoney

jpsmoney

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Personal finance, money, investing,... did i say money?

Posted 25 January 2006 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE(mbaker4096 @ Nov 25 2005, 06:35 PM)
View Post

Do we know many people have actually successfully gotten their $50? I remember some accounts of Everbank refusing to give people their money. I can't imagine them being very happy about it. wink.gif

#11 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 05:27 PM

Most troubles that I have seen people reported were caused by customer not following the rules e.g.
- not making three bill payments within three months
or
- not requesting the check within one month of the three-month of account anniversary

QUOTE(jpsmoney @ Jan 25 2006, 11:45 AM)
QUOTE(mbaker4096 @ Nov 25 2005, 06:35 PM)
View Post

Do we know many people have actually successfully gotten their $50? I remember some accounts of Everbank refusing to give people their money. I can't imagine them being very happy about it. wink.gif
View Post

#12 Jay Shaw

Jay Shaw

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 03:13 AM

My Everbank account should currently be in the process of being closed. I called them a few days after my 3 month anniversary to ask how I go about receiving the $50 and closing my account. The customer service representative replied that I needed to send them a letter stating the reason for my dissatisfaction and requesting the account closure. I mailed this letter in on 1/19/2006 and have yet to receive any sort of response. I was careful to thoroughly identify my account and contact information. I additionally gave the reference numbers for the three online bill payments that I completed through their web site and gave a few bulleted reasons for dissatisfaction (the main one being that their standard APY isn't competitive with other online banks). I may call tomorrow to see if they received the cancellation request.

--Jay

#13 jcworlds

jcworlds

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 03:57 PM

Does anyone receive $50 for close a account

#14 Jay Shaw

Jay Shaw

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE(jcworlds @ Mar 28 2006, 11:57 AM)
Does anyone receive $50 for close a account
View Post

I got the $50 credit when I closed my account.

--Jay

#15 sandi108

sandi108

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 07:33 PM

I also received the $50 upon closing the account.

The reason that I closed my account PROMPTLY upon the expiration of the
teaser rate might be of interest to you.

Prior to the expiration of the teaser rate, I called and asked a customer
service rep about the possibility of an extension... or if not, when, exactly
my teaser rate would expire.

His attitude was quite arrogant. I got the feeling that he (and possibly
one or more of his supervisors or other management personell) was
looking down on me as simply one of those suckers who was hooked
on the teaser rate.

In other words, he appeared to be keenly aware of the difference
(especially in customer service) between an e-Bank simply offering
a higher rate and a Brick and Mortar Bank such as Presidential Bank
which offers the same thing PLUS excellent customer service.

Stats