Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

Requests only: ING Direct $25/$10 referral program

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16 BoostAddict

BoostAddict

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 04:34 PM

Hello everyone! biggrin.gif

I am about to sign up. I just wanted to get an explanation first.

1: Can you withdraw the 25$ and 10$ as soon as they are credited and you account is verified and opened or does the user need to wait a certain amount of time to withdraw? I know some offers may credit immediately but want you to wait 10 days or 30 days etc. I know ING credits the account immediately but I am not sure if they let you withdraw immediately.

2: I notice that a lot of people say that they need a first name, last name and email address in order to send me a referral, BUT, it looks like some of you have figured out a way to bypass that and just post up a link.

a: Is each of those links only good for one sign up or are each of them good for 25 sign ups? If they are each good for 25 sign ups then how did you get several accounts?

b: Exactly how are you referring people directly by simply posting a link when many people think that they must get a first name, last name and email address to fill out the referral form and send an email in order to get people to sign up?

3: Can I start referring people the second after I complete my sign up or do I need to wait several days for ING to send the deposits to my account and verify my account?

Hopefully, one of you can answer this fast because I could use the ability to start referring people now.

Thanks.

#17 tmmycat

tmmycat

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 04:51 PM

To answer your questions:

1: There is a 30-day hold on bonuses. The money is in your account and it earns interest during that time, you just can't withdraw it until the 30-day wait is over.

2a: Each link is only good for one person, but each person who has an account can "generate" up to 25 referral links (or referral emails, whichever you prefer).

2b: To get the URLs for the direct links, I sent referral emails to myself and then copied the URL from the email and posted it. Anyone with an ING Direct account can use this strategy. ING Direct doesn't actually use the first name and last name except to customize the e-mail and make it look personalized to the person who receives it. (In other words, the bank doesn't check to make sure the person who opens the account is the same person who received the referral email.)

So far, 5 people have used my direct links and they received a bonus. The only disadvantage to using a direct link (since the direct link is posted for everyone) is: you need to check to see whether or not the direct link has been used yet. The blue text above the application form will tell you if the link has been used.

3: You do need to wait a few days while your account is being opened and verified, before you can log in and start making referrals.

hope that helps.
-tmmycat

#18 tmmycat

tmmycat

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 05:09 PM

Here are a couple of direct links, since it sounds like you're interested in using one - I just checked to make sure they work:

[edited: removed the link that someone else used]

[edited: removed the link that BoostAddict used]

smile.gif

#19 BoostAddict

BoostAddict

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 05:25 PM

Thanks, tmmycat!

1: Gotcha.

2a: Gotcha.

2b: Can you send all these referrals to the same email address, or do you have to create multiple email accounts. And, is this 100% flawless or is there some way that ING could think that you were referring yourself over and over again? I know that you said that they do not check for name but maybe they qould be concerned about the email addresses. I suppose not because as long as the sign ups all use different names and different checking accounts then everything should be fine. Please confirm.

***About checking to see whether a direct link has been used or not:
I tried a couple of people's referral links. I saw the difference between a valid link and a non valid one. Just for everyone else's info: when you click on the direct link, then you click on open now or complete application from phone call.

A valid link will say: To start saving with our great rates and receive your $25.00 bonus, open and fund your Orange Savings Account now! ... in bold blue letters at the top of the next page.

An invalid link that is expired or has already been used will say:
The link you’ve used to open a new Orange Savings Account has either expired, or has already been used. This is no longer a valid referral link. Blah blah. ... in bold blue letters at the top of the next page.

So, gotcha.

3: Understood about the wait to verify before refer. That's a bummer. But, no way around that as it seems.

So, thanks for answering my questions. Please let me know about 2b follow-up question asap. Looks like I will be signing up with you since you are being so helpful. biggrin.gif

#20 tmmycat

tmmycat

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 05:32 PM

glad I can help! smile.gif

2b: You can send them to the same e-mail address. This strategy definitely works - I have successfully gotten 5 referral bonuses so far from various different people who used my direct links - and I sent all of my referral emails to my own email address.

I know it works because ING sends me an email whenever someone signs up using a link that I generated, and then the bonus is deposited in my account the next day. I guess they just check the identity of the people who apply, to make sure those are unique.

smile.gif

#21 BoostAddict

BoostAddict

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 05:39 PM

Tmmycat wrote:

glad I can help!

2b: You can send them to the same e-mail address. This strategy definitely works - I have successfully gotten 5 referral bonuses so far from various different people who used my direct links - and I sent all of my referral emails to my own email address.

I know it works because ING sends me an email whenever someone signs up using a link that I generated, and then the bonus is deposited in my account the next day. I guess they just check the identity of the people who apply, to make sure those are unique.

My reply:

Glad that we could help eachother out! Thanks, and you're welcome, lol.

2b: Awesome! Gotcha.

I'll sign up with one of your links right now.

Thanks again and have a great life! biggrin.gif

EDIT: I signed up. It's done. Took about 5 minutes with reading eveything and getting all of my info out.

#22 Plainsneech

Plainsneech

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE(BoostAddict @ Apr 14 2005, 12:39 PM)
Tmmycat wrote:

glad I can help!

My reply:

Glad that we could help eachother out! Thanks, and you're welcome, lol.

2b: Awesome! Gotcha.

I'll sign up with one of your links right now.

Thanks again and have a great life! biggrin.gif

EDIT: I signed up. It's done. Took about 5 minutes with reading eveything and getting all of my info out.
View Post

#23 Plainsneech

Plainsneech

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 07:47 PM

I would like a referral. Erika Anderson [email protected] Thanx

#24 tmmycat

tmmycat

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 07:48 PM

Erika, I just sent you one!

#25 aaronshaffer

aaronshaffer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 12:41 AM

Please send me an ING Direct referral

Aaron Shaffer
(I am spacing it funny to avoid spammers)
aaron.shaffer at case.edu

Got it? Thank you!

#26 azntwboy

azntwboy

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 12:52 AM

sent you a referral aaron

#27 catatou

catatou

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 06:00 AM

hey, does anybody know how to get a reference code from an existing account?

#28 Gops

Gops

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 05:14 PM

there is link at the bottom in the center "refer a friend" or some
QUOTE(catatou @ May 3 2005, 02:00 AM)
hey, does anybody know how to get a reference code from an existing account?
View Post

#29 mir322

mir322

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 03:01 PM

Just sent you one! Let me know if you got it and if you have any questions.smile.gif [email protected]

Miriam smile.gif

#30 BoostAddict

BoostAddict

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 04:14 PM

Hello all. I just thought that you may want to know that I am currently having some small problems with ING keeping their word to credit referree sign ups with a 25$ sign up bonus. I am encouraging to keep their service ethical, rational, honest and efficient.

Here is a copy of an email that I have sent that explains the situation:

Hello again. I am providing more info now. It was not originally explained to my by the CS rep that I would need to explain. I figured that CS, would handle CS, but I guess I will have to do more. This is not spite or antagonism, I am just explaining my thoughts.

Situation is:

I learned about your referral program and thought it was "neat".

I decided that I would sign up with another person's referral link.

I called CS to ask questions, first. We (CS and I) got half of my account set up over the phone and I was told that I would be able to use a referral link to sign up later, online, and finish.

I waited for some time, just out of courtesy to my referral (so they would get referring commission) and to get questions answered. I had also been told that I would not be able to refer anybody else for up to 250$ commission if I didn't sign up with a referral, so I was extra careful to wait for a referral link before I signed up. Otherwise, I would have signed up, completely, on the phone the first time I called.

So, I went to this message board: http://ibankdesign.c...topic=400&st=15  .

I registered at that message board as "BoostAddict" . I made some posts. I met "tmmycat". He helped answer my questions.

I noticed that MANY people were posting their referral links on the forum as a direct link, bypassing having to get somebody's email and then send them the link through the email. This is just a matter of fast service and convenience. This way, you see that somebody is offering a referral and instead of having to contact them with a request, wait for a response with a link in your email, then either sit around and wait for that email or sign up at your earliest convenience after waiting to receive it ... you can skip all of that time delay and just click the link that is already offered and sign up immediately.

One of my questions, before signing up, was "how are you (they) posting the links directly for faster service?" They explained that they send themself referrals via email and then they copy and paste the email to the message board. Apparently, this was working fine for them. They were receiving sign ups, commissions and everything was fine.

So, "tmmycat" had an available/unused link posted and I signed up with it. He has now edited his post to remove that link since I already signed up with it, as you can see if you read the forum.

I would not have signed up without the link. I did sign up with the referral link that was provided to me in that thread, from tmmycat, on that forum. He posted it, just like he would send it to me in an email. Same thing, different electronic interface exchange. I did this on the 14th of April just before 1:49 pm EST . I know this because I saved the confirmation email that was automatically sent to me by the ING system.

I was told that I would receive my 25$ credit to my account in about 30 days. It has now been about 2 months, and there is no 25$ credit in my account .

I called ING CS and spoke to a female rep. I explained that I would like my credit of 25$ added .

She asked me if I received my referral link via email. I said that I thought so (because I did think so at that time to the best of my memory-it has been about 2 months) but I couldn't find it. She told me that I could tell her my email address and she could check things out with it. I gave her this email address. She then told me that I did not receive an emailed referral until 4-5 days AFTER I signed up (which is incorrect) and that I would not be eligible to receive the 25$ that I should be eligible for.

I understand that she was serving me with the best of her knowledge to what the ING system is telling her, but she then passively accused me of trying to "beat the system", by saying that I "cannot beat the system". I said that I DO NOT  "beat" systems, I use them appropriately to the best of my knowledge. She said that she had done all that she could. We hung up with our best regards.

I got confused and researched a bit more, starting to wonder if I had signed up through a link on the message board . I checked it out, and yes ... obviously, I did: http://ibankdesign.c...topic=400&st=15  .

Still, he posted it, just like he would send it to me in an email. Same thing, different electronic interface exchange. HE WORKED FOR YOU, TO MARKET YOUR SERVICES. I SIGNED UP BECAUSE OF HIS WORK, WITH YOUR REFERRAL SYSTEM. I WAS ACCEPTED INTO THE SYSTEM IN REAL TIME AND IMMEDIATELY RECEIVED A CONFIRMATION EMAIL FOR MY SIGN UP. HE SHOULD RECEIVE HIS COMMISSIONS, I SHOULD RECEIVE MY SIGN UP BONUS. IF WE ARE NOT REWARDED, THEN ING IS NOT KEEPING THEIR PROMISES OR FULFILLING CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS. (The caps and boldening is not "yelling", it is simply to draw attention to critical points. )

In addition to this, there was NO email received by me sereval days later. He did not send me ANY email, NOR DID THE ING SYSTEM. I already got the link from him on the message board, he didn't need to send anything. I had already signed up and apparently he can tell that from more than the post that I made which told him that I signed up. I have no email from ING about this either. The ING SYSTEM IS FLAWED IF IT IS SAYING THAT I RECEIVED MY REFERRAL EMAIL SEVERAL DAYS AFTER I SIGNED UP. THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE. 1) I WOULD NOT SIGN UP WITHOUT THE REFERRAL LINK. 2) I DID NOT RECEIVE ANY TYPE OF REFERRAL EMAIL AT ALL AFTER I SIGNED UP.

Still, I am being accused of fraud, essentially, and ING is not fulfilling their word to credit my 25$ sign up bonus.

In addition to this, it is my stong held opinion that I am working too much to get the customer service that I deserve as a customer. I called CS back to humbly, calmly, rationally and tactfully explain. CS is telling me to send emails to "sales" and to "ombudsman" "executives" because they cannot help me. When I say that I would like to speak with somebody on the phone and handle this simple confusion in real time then I am denied that service. This is very impersonal and is not of great caliber service. Even PayPal will solve any problems, over the phone, quickly. I FEEL LIKE I AM WORKING AS MY OWN CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE FOR ING AND THIS IS NOT APPEALING.

There is no rational, ethical or contractual reason why I should not be credited the 25$ and why my referrer, who WORKED FOR YOU TO GET YOU MY BUSINESS, should not be cedited commissions for my sign up if he has not been.

I am now growing rational concern of letting ING handle my personal and business money in the future.

It is apparently your unequivocal obligation to credit my account with 25$ in the very near future if you would like to honor your word, rationale, ethics and any contractual obligations. I realize this is only 25$, but the principle of the situation in itself is very important to me and to the reputability of your business.

I explain this in my utmost respect.

Please keep me updated, expediently. You may call if you would like to, at....... . Thank you for your time, for your service, for supporting your reputation as a rational, ethical, honest and efficient business.

My sincere best. -.......

I'll keep you all updated. Take care.

Stats