Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

Requests only: ING Direct $25/$10 referral program

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 mir322

mir322

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 04:46 PM

That is a promo to anyone that hasn't ever had an account with them and frankly, if they're only going to give you the bonus simply b/c you know someone with the account, that's bogus. A new customer is a new customer. I spoke to a guy at ING once b/c I had this situation come up and he said that they'll give the bonus to whomever signs up, as long as it's a new customer.

Hope this works out for you,
Miriam

#32 catatou

catatou

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE(mir322 @ Jun 9 2005, 04:46 PM)
That is a promo to anyone that hasn't ever had an account with them and frankly, if they're only going to give you the bonus simply b/c you know someone with the account, that's bogus. A new customer is a new customer. I spoke to a guy once b/c I had this situation come up said that they'll give the bonus to whomever signs up, as long as it's a new customer.

Hope this works out for you,
Miriam
View Post

I agree with miriam. I signed up using other bonus program (quicken software), and I used the 'mail-myself' direct links method. As far as I know, there were never any problems with myself nor my referrals in getting the bonus promised. There was one occasion though that one of my referrals and myself had to call in to get our bonus, but there was no hassle, we got our bonus right away.

#33 BoostAddict

BoostAddict

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 08:44 PM

Hello all. Thanks for the support. Hopefully I will get my 25$ sign up bonus credited to my account, like I should.

Here are some PM exchanges with "tmmycat" and I, JFYI:

QUOTE(tmmycat)
BoostAddict,

ING definitely needs to give you the bonus!!

I got an email saying that someone had signed up, and sure enough, when I checked the 2 links I posted, one of them had been used. So I removed it, thinking it was the one you used. I got my $10 bonus for it.
I have never had any problems with anyone else using my direct links (and I have used up all but one of them).

The only possible explanation I can think of is that someone else tried to apply with the same link at exactly the same time as you, and ING direct's computer system didn't "deactivate" the link in time. if that ends up being the reason for what happened, then we should let other people know about it on the message board so they know to stay away from the direct links!!

but either way, they need to give you the bonus!!

QUOTE(BoosAddict)
Thanks for the support and explanation.

Firs off, your name seems to indicate that you are female. I know that I referred to you as "he" several times. Please understand that I didn't know your gender and that "he" is actually neutral when identifying an unknown gender in literature. 

http://dictionary.re...com/search?q=HE  Just wanted to clarify and avoid any offense or seeming stupidity. 

Thanks for your time. Please take the time to look at these questions, and reply, as well. I will be talking with ING later and I would like to learn more from you before I do.

How many of your referrals would you say have been used by direct links?

How have you confirmed that other people who have used your direct links have not had problems with receiving the sign up bonus? Did they tell you this, prove this to you or is a lack of complaint the reason that you are considering as evidence of no problems? I ask this because even your receiving commission is not really indicative that they are receiving a sign up bonus.

Also, when you receive a referral commission, do you receive it immediately after they sign up, or in what time period?

Is there any ways that you could see any identifying information of mine that would indicate that I signed up with you? Like:
Part of my name, initials, some portion of my account info, email, ... etc ... anything?... Or ... did you just get the auto notification email in very close timing to when I told you that I signed up....along with the 10$ commission?

Your theory about how their system may be confused/flawed is definitely possible and logical.

However, the thing that "stumped" me ... AND contradicts this theory ... was the allegation that I was essentially lying. The allegation ... as explained ... implies that I know that I signed up without a referral link, and then since I got a referral link in my email 4-5 days later (whic they claim although I DID NOT receive this email) I am trying to claim that as justification for sign up bonus. They may also be implying, that I signed up 2 times ... as if I signed up once without a referral link, and then I tried to sign up again with one. Either one of these allegations implies that whatever exchanges that I made with you did result in me getting a referral link from you. What compounds this complex set of errors, is that they allege that they know that I got an email sent to me ... with a referral link ... 4-5 days after I signed up ... when the FACT is ... that I have never received such an email in my inbox. I know that I, parenthetically, explained that already ... but it is so ridiculous that I just wanted to clarify.

I agree about letting people know, that is why I made my post in public instead of only in private to you. We should definitely keep people updated. I also agree, that they need to give me a sign up bonus ... regardless.

Thanks again. All should work out well. It's a ridiculous PITA though.     

Take care. Peace.

QUOTE(tmmycat)
hey,

that's ok about 'he'! I knew what you meant.

let's see ... questions ...

How many of your referrals would you say have been used by direct links?
- almost all of them. I think I sent emails to 3 people and then figured out that direct links worked better.

How have you confirmed that other people who have used your direct links have not had problems with receiving the sign up bonus?
- you're right, I haven't had anyone tell me "I got my bonus"
- I don't see any complaints posted on the forums where I post my direct links.
- I guess it's mostly my faith in public forums - if someone did have trouble with it they would want to let others know
- for example, when I tried to post direct links to my virtual bank account on this forum, within a couple of hours one of the moderators was like 'aaaa!! don't do that with virtual bank - they actually check to make sure the same person signs up who received the email!!' But there are lots of people advertising direct links to ING direct, and everyone seems to be fine with it.

Also, when you receive a referral commission, do you receive it immediately after they sign up, or in what time period?
- I receive a notification email about the $10 bonus, and then a couple of days later I see the bonus deposited in my account.

Is there any ways that you could see any identifying information of mine that would indicate that I signed up with you? Like:
Part of my name, initials, some portion of my account info, email, ... etc ... anything?
- no. I get an email that says "you received a $10 bonus from ING direct" but it doesn't have any personal info in it.
- I got exactly 2 emails in the days after I posted the 2 direct links on our thread. That can only mean that you used one and hoozh used the other. He is another user on this site and he told me he used the other link, so I took it down.

just out of curiosity ... why do they think that you received a referral email 4-5 days later? that just seems strange to me. it's not like they have access to your inbox.

QUOTE(BoostAddict)
Thanks for answering my questions so thoroughly and quickly. 

About this email BS, yeah ... that's what I said.

The lady said she was looking at something in their "system" that shows that I was sent one, I suppose. I have no idea how that really works, especially since you sent your referrals to yourself, I signed up with one of yours posted in public on the date that they acknowledged that I signed up and I received no email from you or them about a referral for me to sign up with.

I suppose one theory may work accurately, which is to say that whatever "referral code" that they match with my "fraudulent" sign up was shown to be sent to my email address 4-5 days later.

This is difficult to understand to be possible though, for several reasons. Their system would have to be very erroneous or their representative is.

I mean, I signed up with the referral link, which should have the code submitted immediately ... on the one and only time I have ever signed up with ING ... and there has not been any "referral code"/"invite" email sent to me by you or ING, ever... except for the one time I sent myself one of my own referral links for a test ...and if that was confusing things then I have no idea how their system works at all ... so I doubt that affected anything.

I suppose the woman simply thought that I was plain lying. I didn't really press her for more information about how "the system" works because she was already being conclusive to the point where I would not "sway" her decision without gathering more info and contacting somebody else .... while making her "passive accusation" that I was attempting to "beat the system"  . Whatever "the system" showed her to the best of her ability lead her to believe she was giving the right info and doing the right thing. That is all that I know. 

Take care.

That's all for now, folks. Juggling a full agenda. I should be able to get them on the phone, shortly.

#34 BoostAddict

BoostAddict

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 10:04 PM

Ok. Got some stuff out of the way. I'm about to call. I think I figured out what the confusion is about some email referral that I received 4-5-6 days later.

QUOTE(tmmycat)
just out of curiosity ... why do they think that you received a referral email 4-5 days later? that just seems strange to me. it's not like they have access to your inbox.

QUOTE(BoostAddict)
and there has not been any "referral code"/"invite" email sent to me by you or ING, ever... except for the one time I sent myself one of my own referral links for a test ...and if that was confusing things then I have no idea how their system works at all ... so I doubt that affected anything.

What I meant was, that shouldn't "technically" (literally) affect anything.

But, I think it DID confuse the female CS rep that I spoke with initially. I think she looked up my email address to see when a referral was sent to it, and she saw that there was a referral sent to me from the ING system about 5-6 days later.

Clarity is:

1) I signed up on the 14th, mid-day.

2) She said that I signed up on the 15th, and my account at ING website shows the same thing.

*So, this is part the confusion in days between actual sign up and email referral shown sent to me from ING.

3) I did send myself a referral, for a test, on the 20th.

4) However she was interpreting their system, whether it was limited to this or not, only shows that A referral was sent to my email. It must have not shown her, or she didn't see, that it was sent to me FROM ME. Also, it must have not shown her, or she did not see, that a) the referral link/code sent to me was never used and cool.gif it was actually different from the referral code that I used to sign up. c) there is some common sense that should be used, that I signed up with a referral code whether I got one in my inbox or not. So, if their system doesn't indicate these details, based on my email address ad my account info then the problem is the system. If the system indicates this info, then she did a poor job at using the system.

I may need "tmmycat"'s email address to ensure that this get's rectified though. Because maybe their system can only see who she referred with her email address, and not lok up my email address to see who referred me. rolleyes.gif

Blah blah. Calling..... rolleyes.gif

#35 412cme

412cme

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 04:32 PM

could someone please send me a referal for the ING direct ?

thanks you so much

Sylvia

[email protected]

#36 412cme

412cme

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 04:41 PM

can someone please send me a referal code for the ING direct account.

thanks so much

Sylvia

[email protected]

#37 GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 06:44 PM

Im interested in a referal.

Giulio Marina
[email protected]

#38 Thrasher

Thrasher

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 01:07 AM

I've sent one to both of you, 412cme and GMoney. If you have already recieved one from someone else I'm sorry for the spam. shy.gif

Stats