Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

$101 bonus - PNC bank : checking account with direct deposit; Exp. - expired

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you rate this deal? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you rate this deal?

1. Hot (5 votes [62.50%])

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

2. Warm (3 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

3. Cold (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 07:07 AM

Thanks vivyip for letting me know about this bonus.

LINK

Terms:

For a limited time only, come to PNC Bank and get $101 for opening a new qualifying checking account with Direct Deposit1

Here are even more great reasons to switch:

Free, unlimited access at over 3,600 PNC Bank ATMs2
Free online banking and web bill payment3
Free PNC Check Card with VISA® Extras
Free online check images4
Click here to open your new account online, or for more information, stop by any branch or call 1-877-CALL- PNC.

1.Limited time offer for a new PNC customer who opens a new PNC Bank Choice®, Premium®, or Digital Checking account with an approved recurring Direct Deposit. Direct Deposit must be received by June 30, 2005. The $101 bonus will be credited to the account within the first full statement cycle after direct deposit has been received. May not be combined with other offers.
2.For Choice plan, PNC Bank charges may apply for use of another financial institution’s or ATM operator’s ATMs. For Premium or Digital plans, PNC Bank charges do not apply. However, for all mentioned plans, other financial institutions or ATM operators may charge for using their ATMs.
3.There may be a fee for certain services offered through Account Link. Please see Consumer Schedule of Service Charges and Fees.
4.Free self-service online view of most recent images of cancelled checks and deposit tickets, up to 90 days. See our Consumer Schedule of Service Charges and Fees-Images and Copies for information on online images.
Offer may be modified or withdrawn at any time without prior notice and may vary by market

#2 mir322

mir322

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 04:45 AM

Has anyone opened this account yet? Can you share your experiences?

Miriam smile.gif

#3 propcgamer

propcgamer

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 09:44 PM

i have opened one and mailed the forms in early last week, have not heard from them yet.

#4 mir322

mir322

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 01:26 AM

QUOTE(propcgamer @ Mar 6 2005, 05:44 PM)
i have opened one and mailed the forms in early last week, have not heard from them yet.
View Post

Would you mind updating us on what happens?

Thanks,
Miriam smile.gif

#5 rockjr

rockjr

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 01:58 AM

I tried to open an account online but something isn't cooperating - has anyone else tried? I'm not opposed driving to a branch but it seems like this should not be so difficult. Principal Bank was a breeze.

#6 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 09:02 AM

QUOTE(rockjr @ Mar 7 2005, 06:58 PM)
I tried to open an account online but something isn't cooperating - has anyone else tried?  I'm not opposed driving to a branch but it seems like this should not be so difficult.  Principal Bank was a breeze.
View Post

I am curious what exactly went wrong with opening account online. Did online account application form failed to work properly? Thanks. Mark.

#7 rockjr

rockjr

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE(markber @ Mar 8 2005, 05:02 AM)
I tried to open an account online but something isn't cooperating - has anyone else tried?  I'm not opposed driving to a branch but it seems like this should not be so difficult.  Principal Bank was a breeze.
View Post

I am curious what exactly went wrong with opening account online. Did online account application form failed to work properly? Thanks. Mark.
View Post

I figured out why I was having trouble. My Internet Security software and firewall were blocking a lot of stuff on the bank's site.

I decided it wasn't worth signing up. I'd need to keep a minimum of $4,000 in all of my PNC Bank accounts to avoid monthly service fees, and I'm not willing to tie up that much of my money in a bank that's not easy for me to access.

#8 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 05:14 PM

It looks like you can get the bonus with Digital checking too. This account does not require to keep a balance to avoid a monthly fee. You will need to have a direct deposit and active bill payment (once a month) to have it without a charge.

QUOTE(rockjr @ Mar 8 2005, 09:32 AM)
View Post

View Post

I figured out why I was having trouble. My Internet Security software and firewall were blocking a lot of stuff on the bank's site.

I decided it wasn't worth signing up. I'd need to keep a minimum of $4,000 in all of my PNC Bank accounts to avoid monthly service fees, and I'm not willing to tie up that much of my money in a bank that's not easy for me to access.
View Post

#9 rockjr

rockjr

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 11:45 PM

Huh, I missed that, thanks.

Have you opened an account through PNC? If not, why not.

Rock

QUOTE(markber @ Mar 8 2005, 01:14 PM)
It looks like you can get the bonus with Digital checking too. This account does not require to keep a balance to avoid a monthly fee. You will need to have a direct deposit and active bill payment (once a month) to have it without a charge.

View Post

View Post

View Post

View Post

#10 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 12:13 AM

I did not open an account for personal reasons. They do not have anything to do with this particular bank or bonus. The bonus seems like a good deal to me. Although it may be difficult to simulate direct deposit to PNC bank with ACH transfers (from ING Direct, etc). According to fotomaniak, PNC online banking show differently ACH transfers and direct deposit. So you may have to setup a true direct deposit to PNC in order to get the bonus.

QUOTE(rockjr @ Mar 8 2005, 04:45 PM)
Huh, I missed that, thanks.

Have you opened an account through PNC?  If not, why not.

Rock

QUOTE(markber @ Mar 8 2005, 01:14 PM)

View Post

View Post

View Post

View Post

View Post

#11 mir322

mir322

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 01:11 AM

You can also link your Paypal to the account. It'll count the initial two deposits as direct deposit. Got that from Fatwallet.com

#12 adityanm

adityanm

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE(mir322 @ Mar 8 2005, 08:11 PM)
You can also link your Paypal to the account. It'll count the initial two deposits as direct deposit. Got that from Fatwallet.com
View Post

Is there any minimum for direct deposit?

#13 mir322

mir322

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE(adityanm @ Mar 10 2005, 09:55 AM)
QUOTE(mir322 @ Mar 8 2005, 08:11 PM)
View Post

Is there any minimum for direct deposit?
View Post

I'm not sure. Since the Paypal verification amounts are both less than one dollar, I wouldn't think so.

#14 adityanm

adityanm

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE(mir322 @ Mar 10 2005, 09:09 AM)
I'm not sure. Since the Paypal verification amounts are both less than one dollar, I wouldn't think so.
View Post

I was talking about the condition to fullfil their direct deposit requirement.

It is doubtful that a deposit of $1 would be enough to avoid their service charge.

#15 adityanm

adityanm

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE(adityanm @ Mar 10 2005, 03:03 PM)
T was talking about the condition to fullfil their direct deposit requirement.

It is doubtful that a deposit of $1 would be enough to avoid their service charge.
View Post

I called the bank and found the answer myself.
Minimum DD and bill pay is $25 per month which is within the paypal limit of $500.
I will withdraw funds from some other bank to pay pal and then deposit into PNC account.
$101 is not a bad deal for a little work and I opened the account today.
They even allow opening of account from Credit card up to $100. @1% that is an additional $1.

Stats