Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

$125 bonus - Meadows CU : e-checking; Exp. - unknown

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you rate this deal? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you rate this deal?

1. Hot (6 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. Warm (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. Cold (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 08:53 AM

The following message has been posted by davelanton on Fat Wallet.

"Meadows Credit Union offering $125 for opening echecking with direct deposit and making two bill payments (free billpay service). Membership open to all. I couldn't find this offer on their website, but I just opened a savings acct, and the e-mail from the acct rep told me about the deal.

If you open echecking and establish direct deposit, and make 2 bill payments, they will credit you $25/month for 5 months."

CU homepage

FYI: Any person who has an email account can join this CU.

#2 zebidus

zebidus

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE(markber @ Feb 5 2005, 04:53 AM)

"Meadows Credit Union offering $125 for opening echecking with direct deposit and making two bill payments (free billpay service). Membership open to all. I couldn't find this offer on their website, but I just opened a savings acct, and the e-mail from the acct rep told me about the deal.

If you open echecking and establish direct deposit, and make 2 bill payments, they will credit you $25/month for 5 months."

CU homepage

FYI: Any person who has an email  account can join this CU.

what counts as a direct deposit here-can you do a direct deposit via ACH from another account?

#3 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE(zebidus @ Feb 14 2005, 02:42 PM)
QUOTE(markber @ Feb 5 2005, 04:53 AM)

CU homepage

FYI: Any person who has an email  account can join this CU.

what counts as a direct deposit here-can you do a direct deposit via ACH from another account?

ACH transfers work for me to avoid a fee for MeadowsCU eChecking without direct deposit.

#4 jpsmoney

jpsmoney

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Personal finance, money, investing,... did i say money?

Posted 25 February 2005 - 06:44 AM

QUOTE(markber @ Feb 14 2005, 01:53 PM)
ACH transfers work for me to avoid a fee for MeadowsCU eChecking without direct deposit.

I have an account here as well, their interbank transfers are nice, and the bonus posted with no problems. I actually have "real" direct deposit there, but it's good to know it's not required.

#5 lilly

lilly

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE(jpsmoney @ Feb 25 2005, 06:44 AM)
QUOTE(markber @ Feb 14 2005, 01:53 PM)

I have an account here as well, their interbank transfers are nice, and the bonus posted with no problems. I actually have "real" direct deposit there, but it's good to know it's not required.

I am new at this!!!!What is an interbank transfer? Can it take the place of "direct deposit" How does one get "around" direct deposit?

#6 mir322

mir322

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 06:59 PM

Is it a recurring direct deposit and bill payment? or can it just be one DD and two bill payments over the five months?

Thanks,
Miriam

#7 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 07:52 AM

QUOTE(lilly @ Feb 27 2005, 06:54 AM)
I am new at this!!!!What is an interbank transfer?  Can it take the place of "direct deposit"  How does one get "around"  direct deposit?

Interbank transfer can be either ACH transfer or wire transfer. Direct deposit can be simulated by an ACH transfer if a bank can not detect difference between them. Based on my experience, most banks can't. Metlife bank glossary define ACH,
automated clearing house, as networks used as a means to transfer money electronically between accounts at different institutions, usually in one day.

#8 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE(mir322 @ Feb 28 2005, 12:59 PM)
Is it a recurring direct deposit and bill payment? or can it just be one DD and two bill payments over the five months?

Thanks,
Miriam

Hi Miriam,

I did not do the deal so I do not know details. My understanding is that you have to maintain direct deposit during these 5 months and do two bill payments every month during the five-month period. You can try to ask OP your question via FatWallet PM. You can find his post about the Meadows CU deal in this thread.

Calling the credit union would give you the most reliable answer.

Mark

#9 propcgamer

propcgamer

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 02:05 AM

Do you need a special link to sign up for this offer, or promotion code? or just signing up from their homepage makes this offer valid?

#10 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 05:47 AM

QUOTE(propcgamer @ Mar 2 2005, 07:05 PM)
Do you need a special link to sign up for this offer, or promotion code? or just signing up from their homepage makes this offer valid?

I would call the credit union and ask them if they have any current promotions for openening a checking account... or/and tell them that your friend (who did not want his name to be revealed) recently opened an Meadows CU echecking with such a bonus and, now, you would like to do this too because the friend really likes Meadows CU (and the bonus)...

#11 mir322

mir322

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 07:02 PM

On Fatwallet, someone just posted that this promo is over after they called inquiring about it.

Miriam smile.gif

#12 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE(mir322 @ Mar 10 2005, 12:02 PM)
On Fatwallet, someone just posted that this promo is over after they called inquiring about it.

Miriam  smile.gif

Thanks, Miriam. This was posted over there right after the post about the deal being dead. I feel like more homework is needed.

ccrzhh:

"Yes currently we offer a promotion of $125 for opening a new eChecking
account with direct deposit. To qualify for this promotion at this
time, you must either work for one of our employee Corporate Partner
groups, live in our Community Charter area around Chicago, or be related to
a Meadows Credit Union member. If you are a member of a Corproate
Partner group please enter promotion code SEG10, if you are a family or
community member please enter code MC125.

The specifics of the promotion are here:
*eChecking requires direct deposit to avoid fees. To qualify for
promotion reward, eChecking account must be opened with direct deposit
posting to your account before first month of award will be issued. A
deposit of $25 will be made for 5 months into your account. Accounts must
remain open and in good standing during the entire award period in order
to receive the full award value. Deposit accounts are federally
insured up to $100,000 by the NCUA. Promotion is open to new households and
current non-checking checking households at Meadows Credit Union.
Current Meadows members with a Meadows Checking account are not eligible.
Accounts must be opened and funded by 04/30/2005 to qualify for reward.
Account earns interest and is eligible for ATM surcharge rebates with
balances $2500 and above. Rates posted at www.meadowscu.com and are
subject to change without notice. For promotion questions contact the
Meadows Marketing Department. Must list, enter, or mention promotion code
at time of application to be eligible for reward."

fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?start=100&catid=52&threadid=341601

#13 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 07:55 PM

I got confirmation that Meadows credit union is still running the $125 promotion. However, I was told that there is no online code(?) for it, you have to call to Meadows CU in order to have an internal code(?) put on your application. So if you use MC125 code and Meadows CU says that you are not eligible for the bonus, you can call the CU and metnion that you are a friend of a MeadowsCU member who told you about the promo but you do not know if he is comfortable with mentioning his name to a MeadowsCU rep.

#14 pangya88

pangya88

• GoodMembers
  • 126 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 10:04 PM

This $125 promotion is still available. The code is the same as before: MC125. I live in NYC, and they told me I could open an account online.

Thanks.

#15 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE(pangya88 @ Aug 4 2005, 03:04 PM)
This $125 promotion is still available.  The code is the same as before: MC125.  I live in NYC, and they told me I could open an account online. 

Thanks.

That is cool! It is one of the largest bank bonuses available now.

Stats